Monday, April 14, 2008


Peacefully at home, following a long illness. Cherished son of Bryan and Roy (nee, Mlakar), beloved father of Hope, Destiny and Desirée. Sadly missed by 18 of 23 brothers.

Born October 3rd 2007 amidst great expectations, falling victim to a debilitating and chronic ennui in mid-December, finally succumbing after a brave and ultimately futile effort at recovery through late winter and early spring.

Friends and family may call with their condolences Wednesday, April 16th, 7:00pm to 10:00pm at 1000 Palladium Drive, Ottawa. Funeral services Thursday, April 17th, 12:00pm. Family only please.

In lieu of gifts, donations to the Canadian Cancer Society and University of Ottawa Heart Institute would be appreciated.

13 comments:

The Big K said...

Happy golfing.

Jaredoflondon said...

I suspect fowl play!

puns are awesome.


oh yeah, sorry for your lose.

The Universal Cynic said...

"...beloved father of Hope, Destiny and Desirée."

The club has strippers for kids? Now it all makes sense.

Katebits said...

At least his suffering is over.

Senators Lost Cojones said...

The club has strippers for kids? Now it all makes sense.

Well, that would explain the $11 beers.

Unknown said...

they had no one to live for?

Anonymous said...

SLC and TUC,
I'm glad I have some friends not on the ledge. I'm not sure where Blair is now. Someone has to get Scarlett on the job.

The Universal Cynic said...

On a slightly unrelated topic, can we talk about that low-rent intro? Even the players looked perplexed as the "soldier" walked past. I was literally cringing.

Senators Lost Cojones said...

Agreed TUC. I had to leave the room out of embarrassment. And I was alone.

And Roy M. was beside himself hyping it with a clearly "happy" Max Keeping on the CJOH (screw you Bell Globe Media! It will never be "CTV Ottawa"!) news at six. Yikes.

Bury that puppy right now. Salt the earth. And never let us speak of it again.

The Universal Cynic said...

The mic cutting out was the icing on the cake. I felt like saying to them, "Look...we know we're uncool -- do you have to constantly trumpet that fact?"

Anonymous said...

I blogged about how embarrassed I was. You should check it out...ahhh; don't bother.

Anonymous said...

In a truly altruistic act I'm going to make a donation to the Sens. I'm going to donate 60 pairs of knee pads. That way they won't have many injured knees after spending so much time on them sucking during the off season. Better luck next season. By the way my autistic cousin writes better than you. I hope you run in to Gary Roberts.
GO PENS!

Senators Lost Cojones said...

Wow. Using a disabled relative as a way of denigrating a total stranger. You stay classy there, House.