I was afraid this might happen. As soon as the playoff match ups were set, I said to myself "Uh-oh, here they come." And they didn't disappoint.
For the three of you unaware of the fact, The Pens Blog is one of the top rated hockey blogs on these here interwebs. They are ruthless in their pejoratives (which makes them funny as shit 98% of the time...that 2% being when their guns are pointed at your team) and Masters of the PhotoShop. And their readership is rather...enthusiastic.
What follows are the comments I received from Penguins fans following my rather (at least I thought) innocuous post below.
Anonymous said...Wow, I go away for a 24hrs, and somebody gives the Special Ed kids a day pass...
The picture you posted is of Malkin. Way to go JACKASS! Remember last year. It's revenge time. You MAPLE SUCKING MOOSE FUCKING CHILD TOUCHERS ARE DONE. THIS IS GOING TO BE MORE FUN THAN TAKING YOUR WIFE OUT TO A NICE SEAFOOD DINNER AND NEVER CALLING HER AGAIN.
Okay, let's try this in order. I'll type slow for those who can't read very quickly:
- Anonymous number...um...2: Yes, I know it's Malkin. I used the same picture after we thumped you in Game 1 last year. I was unaware that text and picture had to match. I'll try not to do it again, seeing as it seems to confuse you. Oh, and your Caps Lock is on.
- Jeffrey: I'd like to congratulate you for manning up and being the only Penguins commenter to use an actual name. Bravo. While I have no first hand knowledge as to the potency of Gordie Howe's reproductive organs, I'd be grateful if you could point out under what circumstances you acquired yours.
- Anons 1 & 3: Solid hockey related points raised by both of you, which I plan on addressing as soon as I can herd your friends back into their cages. Bonus points for using actual grammar and correct punctuation.
- Anon 4: Sorry, and thanks for the tip. I'll get it right next time. "Sidney was much more whiny then he normally is..." Better?
- Anon 5: Thank you for your contribution. I look forward to more of your well thought out counter arguments as the series progresses. Oh, and my mom asks just what is your point, exactly?