Thursday, March 6, 2008

2 Games, 1 Point , 5th Place -- Personally, I Blame This Guy


After missing a train in 1876 in Ireland because its printed schedule listed p.m. instead of a.m., he proposed a single 24-hour clock for the entire world, located at the centre of the Earth and not linked to any surface meridian. [Wikipedia] And to think, the best Rayzor could come up with was "I went to the wrong rink."
At three minutes after one o'clock this morning, I was startled awake from a beautiful dream. In it, Charlize Theron, wearing nothing but roman sandals and a centurion's cape came to me, whispering "Do you want it?" Oh yes. "Do you really want it?" Oh God yes!! "Then I'll give it to you. And you will LOVE it!" She stretched out her arms, beckoning...yearning...willing me to take it....when, suddenly *poof* she, and it, were gone.

I sat bolt upright, bathed in a cold sweat, the last vestiges of her sultry voice mixing with the remnants of a sonic boom originating somewhere over Northern California. It was the sound of an enormous implosion, the air rushing in to fill the vacuum. Damn it! Damn it all to Hell! She was going to give it to me! I know it. How do I know? Because she was holding it in her arms. And it was magnificent. And then it was gone. In a flash of smoke and sterling silver, it had vanished. The Cup, our Cup had vanished forever.

What? What the hell did you think I was talking about?

L.A. tonight. Hey! Charlize lives in L.A.! I gotta hit the sack. G'night!

1 comment:

Dave said...

SLC, you're a freakin genius.