- Randy!! True to my fearless prognostication (see below), our future 112 goal scorer pots his first two of the year while replacing the Seven Million Dollar Groin (see above) on the top line! Almost had the hat trick too, before getting dazed and contused by a borderline shoulder.
- Nicky!! Spawn of Mike gets his second career goal in a cute, if futile attempt to stay with the big club now that Dean McAmmond’s “shoulder” has healed. Trust your coaches, son. Another year in the “A” won’t be fatal. Just ask Jason. Hell, get him to buy you dinner too.
- Alfie!! 300 career goals, pushing Yash ever further down the first page of the team record book. A grateful Nation’s capital turns it’s lonely eyes to you.
- The Senators PR department. Granted, it wasn’t as big a milestone as, say Gretzky surpassing Gordie Howe, but c’mon. Did absolutely no one in the organization realize Alfie was sitting at 298 coming in? Stopping the game for a curtain call on his 300th wouldn’t have killed you would it? Let’s see if we can give 400 a bit more fanfare than Stuntman Stu screaming into a PA system, shall we?
- Paging Mr. Neil. Mr. Chris Neil to the white courtesy phone please. Chris, Chris, Chris. For future reference, if you’re fighting an opponent whose team we are currently crushing, do not, under any circumstances, humiliate said opponent by playing to the crowd during the fight. I believe my point was made most eloquently by Mr. Kovelchuk in the third period and one Mr. Cherry will no doubt make tomorrow night, provided of course he can tear his lips away from Darcy Tucker’s ass long enough to articulate it.
- The 3rd period. You got away with one boys. Don’t ever do that again.
Up Next: Home-and-home this weekend with the Beantown Bears. Riddle me this: If a Chara falls in the forest and nobody hears it, does it make a sound?