Wednesday, March 21, 2007

I would wager the Saskatoon Blues would not have been bothered by such trifles.

In the interest of full disclosure, I will let everyone know where my biases lie...er...lay. I am a huge Ottawa Senators fan...and by "huge", I'm talking about naming-my-first-born-daughter "Mike Peluso"-huge...Startle-the-neighbours-with-very-loud-and-extremely-profane-language-every-spring kind of big.

So.... You may have heard somewhere, if you're interested in such things, that the St. Louis Blues were a little upset with the officials and their particular interpretation of what constitutes a goal during last night's Senators 4-2 win. As evidenced here, they're actually correct, but the most hilarious take on this is the Giant Canadian Conspiracy thread running through the comment section. Seriously...dude...get real! We're Canadian! If we're conspiring to do something bad to America, you'll be the first to know!

By the way, I tried to find a Blues fan-site expressing an appropriate amount of anger and angst over the injustice of it all...but, um...I couldn't find one. Really...Googled for it and everything. The best I could do was a Post-Dispatch column expressing a mild annoyance.

C'mon St. Louis! Somebody amongst the announced attendance of 13, 188 (that's about 12,469 more than actually showed up, judging by the t.v. pictures...and t.v. never lies!) must be up in arms! What the hell do you think the interweb is for if not for mindless ranting?? And apropos of nothing...I hear Kansas City is lovely in the spring.

Send in the Clowns -- An Upgrade Over NHL Refs (Jeff "not THAT one" Gordon -- Post Dispatch)

Wikiality, the Truthiness Encyclopedia -- The Canadian Conspiracy

No comments: